Donate to Saying Goodbye and help me raise money for infant loss

Visit my fundraising page on BT MyDonate

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Breathing a sigh of relief, writing my book &, I've been commissioned to work with a mother and infant to explain and demonstrate my theories!

Hello

I'm back! My clinical finals are behind me (I hope). I am awaiting my results. This of course is both exciting and anxiety provoking. Oh well, I'm sure I can contain both of these emotions, for a while at least! Afterall, I am a Psychotherapist!

I am in the process of writing a little, easy to read book. The book relates to my infant communication findings. I'm thinking about calling the book, Infant Communication - Your guide to understanding your baby's body language. I had considered a number of more humourous titles, but have chosen this as it clearly explains what my book is all about.

In addition to the book news, I have been commissioned to work with a mother and baby, to explain, specifically my theories in relation to 'all that is non verbal', and to guide the family through learning all about their baby's body language. We (my clients and I) are very excited about our work ahead. We have agreed, I may utilise some of the findings in a Case Study Section of my book.

I am also working on a piece of qualitative research into Postnatal Depression. I hope this will be published in the new year. I'll keep you posted about this.

So my life is busy, full and good. And how are you? Much warmth Viv

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to finding out more about your research and your practical application of the theories that I have read about! This is an innovative, bold, and extremely valuable real-world application of psychotherapeutic practice. You are clearly a gifted and loving mother, therapist and friend.

    ReplyDelete